You are here
Public and Patient Involvement and Engagement
At the HPRU in Immunisation we have developed and refined our PPIE aims as of March 2021:
- Our aim for public involvement is to improve the quality and relevance of research in vaccines and immunisation by the HPRU.
- Our aim for public engagement is to raise awareness of our research at the HPRU and to share knowledge of research about vaccines.
Our PPIE activities include:
- Presenting at ‘Pint of Science’ evenings, at ‘Science Museum Lates’, at science days in schools, Cheltenham Science Festival, Wellcome Packed lunch, and podcasts
- Representation from our public panel at the annual advisory board meeting
- Requesting and receiving feedback on research documents, such as study information sheets and questionnaires
- Speaking with parents and adults about their reasons for vaccine hesitancy
Click here for a copy of our PPIE strategy document.
Recent PPIE events:
7 December 2020: Shaping research in immunisation in a time of COVID-19
4 June 2019: Shaping Research in Immunisation Workshop
Experiences of vaccinating children during the first phase of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in England and parents and guardians’ perceptions towards COVID-19 vaccination
If you would like to know more or if you have any questions, please contact our PPIE co-coordinators,