You are here
Public and Patient Involvement and Engagement
- Our aim for public involvement is to improve the quality and relevance of research in vaccines and immunisation by the HPRU.
- Our aim for public engagement is to raise awareness of our research at the HPRU and to share knowledge of research about vaccines.
- Presenting at ‘Pint of Science’ evenings, at ‘Science Museum Lates’, at science days in schools, Cheltenham Science Festival, Wellcome Packed lunch, and podcasts
- Representation from our public panel at the annual advisory board meeting
- Requesting and receiving feedback on research documents, such as study information sheets and questionnaires
- Speaking with parents and adults about their reasons for vaccine hesitancy
Recent PPIE events:
28 February 2022: Nigerian parent engagement Workshop
20 January 2022: Webinar: Covid-19 vaccination during pregnancy?
17 November 2021: Shaping Research in Vaccines and Immunisation Workshop
20 May 2021: Annual Science Day. How do we assess relative risk and benefit of COVID-19?