You are here
Public and Patient Involvement, Engagement and Participation
At the HPRU in Immunisation we have developed and refined our PPIE strategies:
- Our Public and Patient Engagement Strategy is to raise awareness of our research at the HPRU and to share knowledge of research about vaccines.
- Our Public and Patient Involvement Strategy is to improve the quality and relevance of research in immunisation by the HPRU.
- Our Public and Patient Participation Strategy is to explore public perceptions and views of vaccines and immunisation programmes to help inform immunisation programmes in England.
Our PPIE activities include:
- Presenting at ‘Pint of Science’ evenings, at ‘Science Museum Lates’, at science days in schools, Cheltehnham Science Festival, Wellcome Packed lunch and podcasts
- Having 2 lay board members on our advisory committee
- Receiving feedback on vaccination information leaflets
- Speaking with parents and adults about their reasons for non-vaccination
Click here for a copy of our PPIE strategy document.
If you would like to know more or if you have any questions, please contact our PPIE co-ordinator,
Pauline Paterson: Pauline.Paterson@lshtm.ac.uk